Monday, January 30, 2012

Redwood Bend by Robyn Carr

From Goodreads:

Katie Malone and her twin boys’ trip along the beautiful mountain roads to Virgin River is stopped short by a tire as flat as her failed romance. To make matters worse, the rain has set in, the boys are hungry and Katie doesn’t have the first clue about putting on a spare. As she stands at the side of the road pondering her next move, she hears a distinct rumble. The sight of the sexy, leather-clad bikers who pull up beside her puts her imagination into overdrive.

Dylan Childress and his buddies are on the motorcycle trip of a lifetime. But the site of a woman in distress stops them in their tracks. And while the guys are checking out her car, she and Dylan are checking out one another.

In one brief moment, the world tilts on its axis and any previous plans Katie and Dylan might have had for their futures are left at the side of the road.

From Misty:

I just reviewed Hidden Summit which is about Katie's older brother, Conner.  I said before that I didn't like that one as well I liked this one.  This is because Hidden Summit was pretty set in the groove Carr has worked herself into (which is good, I like her books, I'm not complaining), but Redwood Bend just had me smiling through the entire first half.  I just couldn't wipe the silly grin off my face. 

Dylan wasn't the best or nicest hero I've ever read.  He had flaws.  He had fears.  He had limitations.  But somehow it all worked to make him very endearing.  And in the end he stayed true to who was, found a way to be with the woman he loved despite a huge gap in their lifestyles, and got to play the part of a real hero.

Just cute, endearing, and a bit different and more memorable than the last few Carr has published.  Recommend to lovers of romance who do not require squeaky clean reads.  Carr's books are filled with morals and values of many kinds but are not squeaky.  Still uplifting overall, in my opinion, for a mature reader and worth the investment of time.

No comments: