Saturday, January 21, 2012

Austenland by Shannon Hale



Do you love Jane Austen? You'll want to read this book if you do. So cute!

On the back cover:
"Pembrook Park, Kent, England. Enter our doors as a house guest come to stay three weeks, enjoying the country manners and hospitality- a tea visit, a dance or two, a turn in the park,an unexpected meeting with a certain gentleman, all culminating with a ball and perhaps something more...

Here, the Prince Regent still rules a carefree England. No scripts. No written endings. A Holiday no one else can offer you."

Austenland starts out with a women in her thirties still unwed and looking for the perfect guy. She has spent so much time comparing every guy she dates with Mr. Darcy that no one measures up.

Upon the death of a wealthy relative she is written into the will and given an all expenses paid vacation to an unknown place in England. Not many know of this place, Austenland. While there you are expected to play the part to perfection. All of the actors and hired hands act as if they are in the 1800's and you must play along.

Such a cute book! A good, easy, fun read!

I give Austenland four stars.

3 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

I liked this book. I'd give it 4 stars also, maybe 3.75. Cute, quick read.

Heather said...

I think I've read this one too and quite liked it! :) Thanks for the review!

Jillian said...

There must be something wrong with me! I didn't care for this book very much. And I thought the ending stunk. But I'm glad you liked it, Jene.
Thanks for the review ;)