Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Singer of All Songs: The Tenth Power by Kate Constable



Synopsis (from goodreads.com):
Kate Constable's magnificent musical trilogy reaches its high note as Calwyn returns to Antaris and discovers the true Singer of All Songs.

At the beginning of THE SINGER OF ALL SONGS, Calwyn fled Antaris with Darrow to defeat the ambitious chanter Samis. In THE TENTH POWER, she comes back to the mountains in hopes of rejuvenating her lost powers of chantment. But Samis's magic left terrible scars on Antaris, so Calwyn finds only conflict rather than the peace she craved. Meanwhile, Darrow suffers from a sickness that has sapped his magic as well as his strength--and Samis has returned to continue his quest for the Singer of All Songs. All of Tremaris seems to be dying. How can Calwyn save the land, and finally save them all?

Jillian’s Review:
I LOVED this book! So many things happen that you think will work out and then it all goes to pot. And then you think it’s all worked out again, and again, until it does finally get resolved with a mostly happy ending.

When I saw the title of this last book in the series, I wondered excitedly what the tenth power could be. I was a bit disappointed when I found out what it was and hadn’t even realized these people didn’t have it to begin with. But it worked, I guess. I was just hoping for something more magical.

I loved the growth from the main characters and that I finally get some of that romance, but it's still really clean. I’m not at all happy that Calwyn kisses another, very nasty guy, but I get why she does it. I’m just glad that she ends up with the right guy.

A perfect ending to a great trilogy. Thank you Constable!

No comments: