Saturday, November 24, 2012

Kensuke's Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo





On the back:

"Washed up on an island in the Pacific with his dog Stella, Michael struggles to survive on his own. He can't find food. He can't find water. But just when things are at their worst, Michael realizes that he and Stella are not alone.

His fellow castaway, Kensuke, has lived on the island since the bombing of his native Nagasaki. Kensuke keeps his distance at first, but slowly, he lets the boy into his world. The two teach and learn from each other until, inevitably, they must talk about escape."

Jennifer's Review:

My nine year old and I read this in a little book club her school put on. Super cute book that teaches about responsibility and understanding. 

Such a great little adventure that I really enjoyed reading with my daughter. I plan to read it with my son, as well. :)

I give Kensuke's Kingdom four and a half stars.

  

   

No comments: