Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Stranger is Watching by Mary Higgins Clark



On  Goodreads: "Ronald Thompson knows he never killed Nina Peterson... yet in two days the state of Connecticut will take his life, having found him guilty via due process of law. But Thompson's death will not stop the pain and anger of Nina's husband, Steve. Thompson's death will not still the fears of Nina's six-year-old son, Neil; witness to his mother's brutal slaying. Not even the love and friendship of Sharon Martin, a journalist who is slowly becoming a part of their world, will ever erase their bitter memories. Only time, perhaps, will heal their wounds. But in the shadows a stranger waits, a cunning psychopath who has killed before, who has unfinished business at the Peterson home..."

Jennifer's Review:

From the first page you are hooked. Did you expect anything different from the amazing thrilling author, Mary Higgins Clark? The first time I picked up this book I was in 8th grade and told to go find a book in the library. I had never heard of this author, nor worried about what the book had in it. I was only grabbing it for an assignment and didn't expect much out of it.
I remember a classmate telling me she was watching me read at one point because I was turning the pages so quickly. She thought I wasn't really reading the book at all. lol

This book is written in each person's view per chapter. It works. A Stranger is Watching definitely got me into other books by the same author. I have never been disappointed by one that I've picked up by M. H. C. and even had to stop reading them when my husband was working graveyard. So real! So scary!
LOVE THEM!

I give A Stranger is Watching five stars.




2 comments:

Jillian said...

I've only read one by her and I didn't really care for it. There was a lot of swearing in it. Did this one have swearing?

Maybe I'll give MKC another shot. Thanks for great review! Thinking of you reading in 8th grade made me smile! Happy reading memories right there. :)

Rosenbalm Photography said...

I don't remember if this had a lot or not. I was so into the story that I didn't notice.

Yes, we did so much reading...still do sometimes! :)