Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

  

On the back:   

"Some people are born with the first word of a language resting on their tongue, though it may take some time before they can taste it.
Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Islilee, Crown Princess of Kildenree, was born with her eyes closed and a word on her tongue. She spent the early years of her life listening to her aunt's stories and learning the language of the swans. Then, a colt was born with a word on his tongue- his name, Falada- and when Ani spoke it, she found the key to his language, too. But as Ani's gift grew, so did others' mistrust of it, and soon her mother felt she had no choice but to send her away to be queen of a foreign land..."


Jennifer's Review:  

Loved this book! Great characters you love almost immediately. So much adventure and just enough romance.
I feel like the description on the back of the book just leaves you guessing. There is so much to this book, so much more than the back describes. Plus, the girl on the cover is just gorgeous. Wonderful story that my 13 year old wouldn't read because of the title. Finally I "made" her read it and she LOVED it, too. :)
I was so sad when the book ended but dove right into the second. 
I give The Goose Girl five stars.


2 comments:

Jillian said...

YAY! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed this one... since they were a gift for your daughter from me! ;)

Did you like the others as much? How about said daughter? Has she read them all now? What did she think of them?

Misty Moncur said...

I really liked this one too.