Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Mage's Daughter by Lynn Kurland




On the cover:
"Neroch is under assault by a mysterious magic that has stripped its King of his powers and unleashed nightmarish creatures as weapons in a war of evil. Morgan of Melksham is fighting against that menace as well as for her life. Struggling to regain her strength after a near-fatal attack, Morgan realizes that she must decide between two fates: that of being a simple shieldmaiden or accepting her heritage as an elven princess. If only she could forget that she was the daughter of the perilous black mage of Ceangail.

Duty bound to aid his king, Miach of Neroch is torn between what his responsibilities demand and what his heart desires. He is willing to risk his life to save Morgan from the darkness that haunts her, but he must do so at the peril of his realm. Forced to choose between love and the burden of his mantle, Miach sets out on his most deadly quest ever."

Jennifer's Review:

This is the second book in the Nine Kingdoms series. I reviewed number one a little bit ago. I really did have to read number two. I want to read number three because the romance keeps getting better.

One thing I really like about this book is that the majority of the time that Morgan cusses at someone it isn't a bad word but just says that she is upset and curses them. A nice change from some fantasy.

I absolutely love the romance in this series, so far. Nothing inappropriate. Innocent with hints of desire.

And, thank goodness for the powerful magic throughout or our characters would all be slain.

I give The Mage's Daughter four stars.




2 comments:

Ricki said...

I have not read the first three, but I have read the second three (well, almost finished with #6), and I just love Kurland's perfect mix of fantasy and romance.

Misty Moncur said...

Romance? Sign me up. :) Looks good! Thanks for the review.