Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Crossed by Ally Condie

Synopsis (from goodreads.com):
Chasing down an uncertain future, Cassia makes her way to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky--taken by the Society to his sure death--only to find that he has escaped into the majestic, but treacherous, canyons. On this wild frontier are glimmers of a different life and the enthralling promise of a rebellion. But even as Cassia sacrifices every thing to reunite with Ky, ingenious surprises from Xander may change the game once again.
 
Narrated from both Cassia's and Ky's point of view, this hotly anticipated sequel to Matched will take them both to the edge of Society, where nothing is as expected and crosses and double crosses make their path more twisted than ever.

Jillian’s Review:
I liked this one better than the first in the series, Matched. It was great to have the characters spend most of their time outside of the crazy Society and I liked the area where they were. This is not one you could read without reading the first in the trilogy. All of the made-up terms used for things weren’t defined, but thankfully I remembered most of them from the first book.

I was disappointed that Cassia and Ky barely had any time together before they’re separated yet again... and what's with Cassia waffling between Ky and the Golden Boy Xander again? She made up her mind who she wanted in the first book, do we really need to go back to that annoying chapter in her life?? She she’s so indecisive that by the last paragraph where she says she’s going to meet him tomorrow, I’m not at all sure who “him” is! Annoying. Just pick a guy and get on with it.

Once again, nothing was really resolved and I will be reading book three (Reached, release date: November 13, 2012) so I will finally know what’s going to happen.

3 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

Oh man! I totally want to read this! Sometimes I think I will just break down and buy it, but then that would be a huge waste of all my time on the waiting list at the library! (I'm number 45 now). Thanks for the review.

Rosenbalm Photography said...

Great review. Have both of my to-read list.

Jillian said...

Thanks guys! I wish I'd known you were waiting for it, Misty. I would have let you borrow the copy I loaned from the library.

I think you'll both enjoy it.