Saturday, March 24, 2012

Just One Bite by Kimberly Raye



On the back cover:
"The stakes have never been higher. Lil Marchette, vampire extraordinarie and owner of Manhattan's hottest hook-up service, is an expert at matching up the lonely and desperate (and sometimes dead). And thanks to the popular local reality dating show Manhattans' Most Wanted, Lil has plenty of fresh blood to add to the mix- including the biggest, baddest vampire in the Big Apple. Vinnie Balducci, Brooklyn representative for the Snipers of Otherworldy Beings, is making Lil an offer she can't refuse: find him the perfect woman or she's going to be swimming with the fishes.
But Lil may not be the only one taking the plunge. The three hunky demon Prince brothers are poking around Lil's office- hot on the trail of a rogue spirit trying to escape the land down under (not Australia)by possessing some poor, clueless human soul. Then Lil makes a startling discovery: The oblivious human vessel is none other than her loyal assistant, Evie. Between saving Evie from eternal damnation and saving herself from Vinnie's lethal Ultimatum, Lil is sure to b in for the most hellish ride of her afterlife."

Jennifer's review:
I don't always read the whole book description because I don't want to know everything that is going to happen. Needless to say, I only read about half of the first paragraph when I picked this up. Not sure if I would have gotten it if I'd read the whole thing. Maybe.
This is book 4 in Raye's series of Dead-End Dating novels. (Didn't know that either.) The good thing is that you don't have to read the first three to be completely clued in to what the story line is. Everything is spelled out for you within the first couple of chapters.
The first page talks about S-E-X so I was quite nervous as to what I would find. According to Raye, vampires are extremely sexual. I was happy to find that there wasn't anything over the top... until about three chapters before the end of the book. Wow. Definitely not what I want to read. Keep that stuff for the smut novels.
I didn't hate the book but wasn't impressed with all the demon talk, sexuality, and language.
Anyway, not a book I would recommend and I will be trying to get rid of it pronto.

I give Just One Bite two stars.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Yuck... I hate it when they throw the nasties in there right at the ending so it just smacks you in the face! Thanks for the review. Yet another vampire series I won't be reading!

Misty Moncur said...

Too bad--it looked kind of cute. Between you and me, I think the vampire stuff is on the way out (let's hope!) Thanks for the review.
Are you guys pinning these?

Heather said...

Like on Pinterest? That's a good idea! I think I have pinned the blog, but not individual posts.

And yeah, I'm not sure I'll be reading this one! :) But thanks for the review!