Thursday, September 29, 2011

This Just In by Kerry Blair

Publisher's Note: 

“I never thought anybody would hear these words from me, but there are times when fashion doesn’t count.” 

When a presidential candidate’s young son disappears into the Arizona desert, TV fluff reporter Jillanne Caldwell gets her first chance at a real news story. But the former beauty queen will soon be forced to face her worst nightmares—and perhaps realize her biggest dreams—in her own hilarious way. Accompanying Jill on the race to save her favorite Sunbeam is Clay Eskiminzin, a seasoned tracker who dislikes reporters because of a secret of his own. Clay knows he can find Connor, but can only hope to find him alive. Thus the unlikely pair begins a desperate search in a vast, unforgiving desert wilderness where they must battle against the evils of men as well as the unrelenting forces of nature if they hope to save an innocent child. (Published 2004)

My Review: I have to admit I love this book. I laughed and cried and then I laughed some more. Kerry Blair's  unique writing style is sure to thrill and definitely entertain. This Just In is a story of a ditzy beauty queen who works as a reporter for a local television station in Arizona. When word circulates that Conner Teagler, a boy in Jill's primary class is missing, she begs her boss to let her cover the story and help with the search. When all signs point to a kidnapping, Jill is desperate to find the little boy. She joins Clay Eskiminzin, a local tracker and together they enter the unforgiving deserts of Arizona in hopes of locating Conner before it's too late. Jillanne's antics and Clay's stoic attitude clash right from the start and Blair will have you holding your sides and biting your nails as the story progresses. Throughout the book, Jill breaks from her narration to offer nonsensical beauty tips that will leave you grinning, and later, experimenting, to see if they really do work. Clay, handsome and mysterious, is the sort of hero that everyone loves. Filled with loads of suspense, humor and romance, this is definitely a fun book. I give This Just In 4.5 out of 5.  


4 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

Sounds fun! I have never heard of this, but it sounds like it's right up my alley. :)

Heather said...

That sounds like a great read! I love books that make me laugh! =] This has been so fun to see what great things people are reading! Thanks for the review...can't wait to check it out!

Stephanie Black said...

I absolutely love this book! It is hilarious, and Kerry Blair's writing is a delight.

Jillian said...

Sounds like fun, I'll have to check it out! It's hard to find a book that actually makes me laugh out loud... I hope this one will!