Friday, May 10, 2013

Unrivaled by Siri Mitchell

Synopsis from Goodreads.com: Three-Time Christy Finalist Pens Another Winning Historical Romance
Lucy Kendall always assumed she'd help her father in his candy-making business, creating recipes and aiding him in their shared passion. But after a year traveling in Europe, Lucy returns to 1910 St. Louis to find her father unwell and her mother planning to sell the struggling candy company. Determined to help, Lucy vows to create a candy that will reverse their fortunes.
St. Louis newcomer Charlie Clarke is determined to help his father dominate the nation's candy industry. Compromise is not an option when the prize is a father's approval, and falling in love with a business rival is a recipe for disaster when only one company can win. Will these two star-crossed lovers let a competition that turns less than friendly sour their dreams?


Christina's Review: Since reading this blog I have ventured out from my comfort zone of reading just LDS fiction and a few YA novels. I have started reading some Christina fiction from the library. Some books I have read after reviews on this website and others from looking at deseretbook.com. I saw this one on Deseret Book's website. I immediately checked my library here in Indiana and was happy to see they had it. This is a new book, it was published at the beginning of March. I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed reading a clean romance. I enjoyed the rivalry between Lucy and Charlie. I thought it was well written and it had a very engaging storyline. The book also talks about change and forgiveness. Both characters have to deal with forgiveness, forgiving others, themselves, and learn a great deal about the Lord's forgiveness. Lucy and Charlie learn to put the past behind them and move forward.

No comments: