Friday, May 3, 2013

Do Over by Shannon Guymon

Taken from Goodreads.com:  Who wouldn't be tired of dating after falling for the wrong woman over and over again? Trey has decided to take a much-needed break from the fairer sex, until Iris tumbles into his life. Their romance will either be a disaster waiting to happen or the best fairy tale since Sleeping Beauty. This final installment of the Alpine series will have you giving love another chance.

Christina's Review: I absolutely love Shannon Guymon's books. I have all of them and I have read all of them over and over again. I love the Alpine series and I am sad to see it end. This is her last book in the Alpine series. I LOVED it. I started it and couldn't put it down. It was so fun to read about the characters that are in the other books; to see Maggie, Sophie, Jacie, and Allison again. Trey and Iris are great characters and it is fun to read about the journey together as they move forward in life after both suffering heartbreak. . . although Trey's heartbreak in the book I think is a little overdone (if you read the Broken Road you will understand). But it is his heartbreak so who am I to judge? The writing is great, the story is great. You see a side of Sophie that you haven't seen before. You cheer for Iris as she confronts her past and lets herself be the person she wants to be. She is an independent woman and doesn't need to be the person her ex or her parents have molded her into. It is a great way to end the series of books about so many wonderful women who have to deal with different issues that have helped them learn and grow closer to each other. I highly recommend this book and the others she has written BUT I would recommend reading them in order: Makeover, Taking Chances, The Broken Road, and then Do Over. She is definitely one of my favorite authors!!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Thanks for the book review! So glad you enjoyed Do Over :)