Friday, April 26, 2013

Second Chances by Melanie Jacobson

Taken from Goodreads.com: After walking out of a thankless job at a prestigious marketing firm, feisty California entrepreneur Louisa Gibson is going into business for herself. Lou's pioneering venture, The Mormon Bachelor, is a reality dating web series sure to be fabulous advertising for her new marketing firm. And as a bonus, she can solve a problem close to home: while Huntington Beach is crawling with eligible, sun-bronzed Saints, they've forgotten the vital skill of dating. Lou hopes the reality show will finally inspire this group of hangout enthusiasts to pair off. But shortly before filming begins, the unthinkable happens -- Trentyn, a.k.a. The Bachelor, gets a girlfriend. And Lou needs a new leading man -- fast.

Enter Nick, Lou's devastatingly handsome ex-boyfriend. He's the stereotypical actor: shallow, self-serving...and perfect for the job. A whirlwind of dating ensues, with Nick at the center of it all. Things are going according to plan -- that is, until Lou is forced to step in as a substitute bachelorette, becoming an unwitting cast member on her own show. Despite Nick's attempts to reestablish their friendship and the growing spark between them, Lou is determined to keep her distance. The show must go on -- but what's a girl to do when the Mr. Wrong of the past just may be the Mr. Right of the future?


Christina's Review: I have read all of Melanie Jacobson's books. I own them all! I won this one in a contest and was so excited to get it on my birthday!! This is her brand new book. Well I loved this one just as much as I have all of her others. I enjoyed reading about characters that played a minor role in her book, "The List."  The characters are likeable and the plot is entertaining and fun to read. It is a romantic comedy and many times I laughed out loud or had a smile on my face as I was reading. Once I started to read I didn't want to put it down. I have no negatives about the book or the writing. I think it was well written. I have already recommended this book to several friends.

No comments: