Saturday, March 16, 2013

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


On the back cover:

"Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything."

Jennifer's Review:

Great story! Love the adventure and romance of it. I knew this was being made into a movie so I picked it up at the book store on Monday. Had it read by Tuesday night. Nice, quick read. Had me turning pages. At one point my daughter asked me what I was reading because my eyes were big. LOL

The twist, I felt, is that it is written from Ethan's perspective. Usually it is the girl that does all of the talking- at least in all the books I have read. I was interesting but I could tell it was written by a girl ( or girls in this case) because some of Ethan's thoughts were a little too... Well, they sounded like they were what a girl would think a boy would say or think. Does that make any sense?

I really loved the magic and intrigue. I will definitely be picking up the second in this series!!

I give Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl 4 1/2 stars.


No comments: