Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Secret Sister's Club

By Monique Bucheger

Mandi's Review: The Secret Sister's Club is part of Monique Bucheger's Middle Grade Ginnie West Adventure's series. Ginnie, a spunky 12-year old, finds herself in an unexpected situation. Her dad develops a relationship with her best friend's mother. Suddenly feeling confused and wondering where these changes will lead, she stumbles upon a journal kept by her deceased mother. Through these journals, she gets to know the mother she lost years before. I have to admit, I don't read a lot in this genre, and at first I wasn't certain what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. I loved the character of Ginnie. She's a spunky 12-year old who has a lot on her plate. As a tomboy myself, I could really connect with her. Tillie was the perfect best friend, and the conflict between the two added a lot to the story. I would definitely recommend this book to any middle grade girl. It was clean and well-written, and overall, a fun story.

To get to know Monique Bucheger visit her blog, Monique's Musings
To purchase this book or others in the series, visit Amazon

No comments: