Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Domino Effect by Andrew Cotto



This book was sent to me by the author. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to read your work. Great book!

On the back cover:
"The Domino Effect is the story of Danny Rorro, a charismatic kid from Queens poisoned by the past. A series of painful defeats have left him scarred and isolated from his neighborhood, his parents, and, most significantly, the benevolent ways of his childhood when he was known as "Domino." With great insight, imagery and wit, Danny recalls his past in Queens and his coming-of-age at Hamden Academy. This fast-paced and powerful story is rich with conflict, humor, tenderness and music- just like life, especially when coming-of-age."

Jennifer's Review:
I liked this book. The story was a page turner, I had to know what would happen next. I would have finished in a few days except that we are coming up on Christmas. Danny is very believable and I found myself rooting for him through the whole book...almost. There is one moment where his mistake was a bit too disgusting but he figured that one out, too. (He pooped in the wrestler's shoes.)

Neat story from beginning to end. Now, for the reason I can't give this book five stars. The language and sexual content. I understand that teenage boys can have naughty mouths but I don't want to read about them. Plus, all of the content about what boys may do or think in private was too much. I have to take away a star and a half for this. Otherwise, a great book.

No comments: